Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Tribute to my Wife

As a child, I hated the rain. Rain meant no recess, no outdoor activities, no playing hockey on the cul de sac after school. Rain meant cold and wet. Wet socks. Wet clothes. Wet backpacks. Rain made me take an umbrella everywhere I went. Rain sucked.

My wife, Jackie, LOVES the rain. To her as a child, rain meant her favorite sweatshirt, a cup of hot chocolate, the fireplace, and a good book. I never liked to read.

As I've grown older, rain doesn't bother me as much anymore. In fact, as the storms usher in the winter, I almost welcome the rain as a refreshing change to the scorching sun of the summer. With rain comes fresh air and new seasons. A clean slate and an opportunity to reflect. Now that I'm no longer a child, I find myself becoming more like my wife and on that note, this is what we saw outside the studio this morning as we were editing away. The rain reminds me of Jackie, and that is reason enough to post this clip, a tribute to her.

1 comment:

weddingchicks said...

i hereby crown you BEST HUBBY!

Congratulations!!! You made it. . . was it hard to find??? In any case, here lies our most recent creations. That's right. . . like it or not, here you will find everything Weddings by SML. From trailers to tidbits, this is where everything not found on www.weddingsbysml.com ends up.

So laugh, cry, do whatever you do when you watch our stuff. Hope you like it, and please, be sure to leave a comment or two. We love feedback, and we love the fact that you are here to check us out, so enjoy!!!